If I haven't said it enough in the last year, I love Fern Resort! Last weekend was my third trip to Fern in the last 6 months and my family will be returning once again in July. Two trips were for work and two with my family and I loved every second of each of them...I just can't wait to be there in the summer!
Last weekend we headed back to Fern for momstown's 7th National Conference. It was great to reconnect with the chapters from around the country. Ann-Marie, president of momstown.ca told us it wasn't going to be a typical conference where we work on financials and sales and goal setting, and she was right. We were digging deep into our feelings and what could be holding us back. It was an amazing opportunity to look into myself and find out what I'm really made of.
There has been lots of talk about a new book by Cheryl Sandberg called Lean In. We were totally embracing her messages last weekend. We kicked off our conference with an activity called What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid?
On day two we started with a fun exercise about focus. Archery at Fern was a great way to practice focus. Erin got a bulls eye on her first shot!
Later in the day we spent time talking about how to bring our team together and leverage our fellow chapter owners. It's amazing to see what other chapters are doing and what is working well and then be to able to implement those ideas into momstown Niagara. We will be launching some new great programming in the next few months thanks to our fabulous team!
Career and Life Coach Jen Bodenham of Gleaming and Dreaming came and talked with us about finding our Core Desired Feelings by helping us find what we want to feel rather than what we want to have. There were so many AHA moments during her seminar.
Sunday was a great idea sharing day. Some of the chapter owners presented their Best Practices where they shared something that they are doing within their chapter that could be implemented across the country. I loved hearing so many success stories and we took away a few ideas that we will be sharing here in Niagara. I think this exercise was my favourite part of the weekend. It is amazing to see how much passion is within these special women. That night we got into our pajamas and played some games. I never get enough Apples to Apples!
Throughout the weekend we were spoiled by our sponsors with all different kinds of treats. We also got to take home some pretty terrific swag bags! Thank you to Mattel Game On, Quaker Canada, Twistos, Goody Canada, Mabel's Labels, Barilla Pasta, Post Cereal, Walmart Canada, and Adult Essentials.
Monday came so quickly and it was time to say goodbye. I spent a weekend with these remarkable women that I won't soon forget and to top it off, we got to spend it at the beautiful Fern Resort. If you're looking for a great place for a family vacation, this is the spot. They have great programming with a family focus and it's all-inclusive. What better way to spend quality time with your family and not have to worry about a thing for a few days!
momstown.ca now has twenty chapters across Canada. Although we all communicate on a regular basis, it isn't the same as seeing everyone face to face. I was so excited to see everyone again and catch up on all the great things everyone is bringing to momstown across the country.
This is a team I am so proud to be a part of. I look forward to our November conference!




I absolutely love your blog.. Pleasant colorѕ & theme.
ReplyDeleteDid you create thiѕ amazing site youгself?
Plеase геply back as I’m trying tο cгeate my оwn ωebsite and woulԁ lоve to
leаrn whегe уоu got this from оr eхаctly
ωhat the thеme іѕ callеd.
Many thanks!
Аlso vіsit my ωeb site; organic potting soil
Does your wеbsite have a соntаct page?
ReplyDeleteI’m hаvіng a tοugh timе locаting it but, І’ԁ liκe tο
ѕhoοt you an еmaіl.
Chеcκ οut my weblog ... pilates fitness
Saved as а favoгite, Ι lοve
ReplyDeleteyouг website!
Feel fгee to surf to mу webpаge: organic soil
Great site, sticκ with it!
ReplyDeletemy site - core training with pialtes
bookmaгked!!, Ι lοѵe your blog!
ReplyDeleteHeгe іs my web-site :: Gardening