Those who know me know how much I love it here! I can't imagine living anywhere else and I tell everyone about it whenever I get a chance.
It was so great to have the whole momstown.ca team here for some serious brainstorming and business planning for 2014.
I have learned so much from these brilliant business women over the past year but nothing compared to what I took away with me after this past weekend.
Inspiration and innovation paired with motivation and activation is how I would define this conference. It was pouring out of each one of us as we shared our ideas and plans for the next year.
We were excited to be hosted by The Courtyard by Marriot, right in the centre of all of the fun things to do in Niagara Falls. I never get tired of playing tourist in the Falls and I had a blast at the Journey Behind the Falls! We ended our first night with manicures and pedicures by Ah...Bella Luna Mobile Spa. Doesn't sound like work does it?
We had an amazing dinner at The Keg where we held our inaugural momstown.ca awards ceremony. I was very proud to receive the New Chapter of the Year Award 2013!
We were up bright and early to pack as much learning as we could into our 4 days together and it was so great to start each morning off with a fantastic buffet breakfast at the hotel. How great to have someone making fresh omelets every morning!
Though it was a working weekend we did manage to spend some time having a little Niagara fun as well. It wouldn't be a trip to Niagara without visiting at least one winery.
We drove in our amazing Chevrolet Equinox provided by GM Canada, the the exquisite Chateau Des Charmes Winery where we were taken on an amazing tour by Michel Bosc. It was so cool to hear her pairing wines with rock music!
We spent a few hours tasting delicious wines and being photographed by CL Buchanan Photography for our professional pictures and our infamous conference team shot. I can't wait to see them!
As an avid wine enthusiast and promoter of everything Niagara, I wanted to share one of my favourites with my team also. Henry of Pelham is a staple in my house and I know they have some new fans after this weekend.
It is always so sad to leave at the end of a very productive four days. As an entrepreneur I totally appreciate the collaboration that comes from all of us getting together to share our ideas. Although we are far apart, we work as a team on a daily basis and it is so amazing to get to spend a weekend every six months with some of the most innovative and brilliant women I know.



No comments:
Post a Comment