Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Niagara Valentine's Day Surprise!

Valentine's Day is an extra special day in our house as it is also my husband's birthday.  We feel very strongly that everyone deserves to have one special day every year that is all about you.  This is difficult when you share your birthday with a special event.

I have a friend whose birthday is right before Christmas so every year another friend randomly picks a day throughout the year to celebrate her special day.  It doesn't happen right on her birthday but at least she gets to have a day that is all about her!  This made me feel that I needed to make my husband's birthday extra special.

On mine and Jim's first Valentine's Day together I felt really guilty accepting a gift from him and I felt terrible that he had to share his special day with pretty much everyone in the world.  I tried hard the next year to do something really special and surprise him but low and behold, he beat me to the punch and planned Valentine's Day at our favourite Niagara restaurant and bought me a beautiful necklace!



The next year we had a brand new baby and we decided to stay close to home.  He surprised me with an amazing dinner in  and a beautiful bracelet.  You can imagine how I felt giving him a lousy new pair of jeans.  From that moment on I decided that Valentine's Day was no longer Jim's birthday.  We would celebrate Valentine's Day with the rest of the world and do something extra special on another day.

The next year I planned a surprise party for him at a local pub a week before his birthday.  He was definitely surprised and thrilled that his friends could all come because they weren't celebrating Valentine's Day with their significant others.  The next year I waited until after his birthday.  Just when he thought I wasn't going to celebrate it at all, I surprised him with dinner at our favourite restaurant and then a night out with all of our friends.

We work very hard at keeping the fun in our relationship and surprises are a big part of it.  We both LOVE surprises and it does get difficult to top each other year after year.

This year Jim totally blew me away by having local artist Jordan Newhouse paint "Chardonnay Rows in Summer."  The painting is beautiful and something I would NEVER have guessed that he would have done for me.  He's still got it after all these years!  He even hung it on the wall so I saw it when I came into the room.

I will feel no guilt, however, when he receives my gift this year.  When I sat down to think about what my husband would love more than anything I realized parties and fancy gifts isn't it.  Each year we are trying to outdo each other  but the truth is, we both already have everything we want.  How can I make OUR FAMILY his birthday gift?  Simple answer: Fern Resort!

We will spend four days at the family resort in Orillia.  We don't have to fly anywhere - it is just a few hours drive north of here and the most kid friendly place I have ever been!

It may not be the romantic getaway that other couples would plan but I know it is exactly how my husband will want to celebrate his special day - with his family!

And the best part is, he doesn't know yet.  He will be finding out the same as you when he reads this blog.

Happy Birthday Darling!  I Love You!

35 comments:

  1. awesome! you guys will have SO much fun at Fern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new
    scheme in our community. Your site provided us with helpful info to work on.
    You have done an impressive activity and our entire neighborhood might be grateful to you.


    Look at my web page ... Perry's homepage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the fantastic works guys I've you guys to our blogroll.

    Check out my blog post ... http://phpfoxdev.indexcreativeonline.com/profile-50369/info/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was practical.
    Keep on posting!

    Here is my website; click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to find out more? I'd care to find out more details.


    Also visit my web-site ... 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back at some point. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!

    Have a look at my webpage ... at teen
    Also see my web site :: click here

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your website provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job
    and our whole community will be thankful to you.

    Here is my weblog visit website

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visit at here and i am really impressed to read all at
    one place.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog ... http://www.mase7e.com/index.php?do=/blog/31207/porn-photos-get-upon-todays-society/
    Also see my website - see more

    ReplyDelete
  9. When some one searches for his vital thing, therefore he/she wishes to be available that in detail,
    so that thing is maintained over here.

    Here is my web page See More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello mates, how is everything, and what you wish for
    to say about this post, in my view its in fact amazing for me.



    Also visit my homepage more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Highly descriptive article, I loved that a lot.
    Will there be a part 2?

    Check out my web page: sarah golden angel

    ReplyDelete
  12. This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I've found something which helped me. Cheers!

    Take a look at my webpage; Bustydd.net/?q=big+tits+hardcore

    ReplyDelete
  13. This design is incredible! You obviously know how
    to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
    start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!


    Look into my website; visit website

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not positive the place you're getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time learning more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic information I used to be looking for this information for my mission.

    Feel free to surf to my website ... http://Teengangbangs.net/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I do believe your site could be having browser compatibility problems.

    When I take a look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in IE, it has
    some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other than that, great blog!

    Have a look at my site - http://groupsexvirgins.org/index.php?own=2097108

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted to write a little
    comment to support you.

    Also visit my blog - Email Console

    ReplyDelete
  17. My ѕpouse anԁ I stumblеd οver
    here bу a diffеrent page and thought I may as well check
    things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.

    my website :: raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thks man, there are still good fellows, cya.

    my web-site; xerox phaser 8560 driver

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of info on
    your page. Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have performed an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and in my view recommend to my friends.
    I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Review my webpage xerox 8560 manual

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice article. I absolutеly loνe this sitе.
    Keep writing!

    My blog post - vistaprint free shipping code 2012

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truly Interesting. Thanks for the Information.
    I enjoy your website.

    My page; bobun.co.kr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different
    web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

    Also visit my blog ... http://gacnoba.ipove.net/index.php?do=/profile-16394/info/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin
    for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?

    Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to visit my weblog; http://Pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2084094

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in fact used
    to be a enjoyment account it. Glance complex to far added agreeable from
    you! However, how could we keep in touch?

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: http://forum.Necrofun.eu/profile.php?id=820

    ReplyDelete
  25. very appealing, thanks so much!

    Here is my webpage xerox phaser 8560 ink

    ReplyDelete
  26. Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

    Any tips?

    Look at my blog post: at nubiles Annette

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi to every one, the contents existing at this site are genuinely awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the
    good work fellows.

    Check out my page - young exciting lezzies

    ReplyDelete
  28. We are a group of volunteers and starting
    a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable info to work on.
    You've done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

    My web page :: xerox 8560dn printer

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a topic which is close to my heart... Thank you!
    Where are your contact details though?

    Feel free to surf to my site http://Pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2137103

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Stop by my web blog ... visit

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was faced with the same trouble and received the initial drivers to put up by operating the installer in vista compatibility method and disable finalizing.


    Here is my blog ... xerox phaser 8560 ink

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanκs fοг onеs marvеlouѕ posting!

    I truly enjoyeԁ reаding it, you cοulԁ bе a grеаt author.
    I wіll make ceгtаіn to bоokmаrk yоur
    blog аnd wіll eνеntuallу сοmе
    bacκ frоm now оn. I ωаnt to encοuгagе you to dеfinitеly сontinuе yоur great work, have a
    nіce holiday weekеnd!

    Stop by my blog :: facebоοk ѕіgn оn **

    ReplyDelete
  33. Superb, what a webpage it is! This webpage presents useful facts to us, keep it up.


    My web site ... simply click the next website page - newrepublicoftexas.
    com []

    ReplyDelete
  34. certainly like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on quite a
    few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling
    problems and I to find it very bothersome to inform the truth however I'll certainly come back again.

    my blog http://www.gauden.org/index.php/member/35567/ :: ::

    ReplyDelete