Friday, January 25, 2013

Scholastic Tales for Tots with momstown Niagara!

  Our very first Scholastic Tales for Tots program took place at Chapters this week!  Scholastic Canada graciously donates books to all of our momstown chapters across the country every month.  This month they provided us with "My Friend Henry" by Phillippe Beha.



 
  This is a great story that features a little boy in search of his best friend Henry.  He is missing and as the boy searches the neighbourhood for him, he comes across many animal friends that lead him to the surprise at the end of the story.  This is a touching, feel-good story about friendship and has excellent illustrations that will captivate any audience.  Our momstown Niagara kids were intrigued from beginning to end!


 

  Here at momstown, we incorporate a craft into most of our events ( you can never have too many crafts! ) and for this one we chose to make clothes pin friends, just like the friends in the story!  This is a simple craft but fun and silly which ties into our monthly momstown theme " That's Silly" and is perfect for toddlers.  Here are the kids getting creative!





 After we finished our craft the kids were happy to have some free play time and got to try out some of the toys that are available in the Indigo Kids section of Chapters.  This is a great place to bring your little ones, especially in the winter months.  The space is cheerful and bright with train sets and toys and most importantly.....books!!!








Included in this monthly event is a book giveaway and one of our lucky momstown members gets to take the book home!  Here's our lucky winner!  She's a little shy, but she really enjoyed this book.  She's smiling on the inside!!


 
  Scholastic Tales for Tots is one of our fantastic monthly events here at momstown Niagara.  Not a member yet?  Try us out for FREE for 4 weeks and find out what all the buzz is about!  Register here!

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm
    having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

    Here is my web site :: professional accounting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats up this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if
    blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Take a look at my homepage ... asian restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if
    you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    my page :: Click Here

    ReplyDelete